Happy Fall to ALL!
Welcome back to your HDC!!! We were fortunate to have so many of you send us pictures of your interesting and fun "Lockdown" projects! If you missed seeing these pictures, they have been
posted on our Website (live link below) You may be asking yourselves- what have we been doing during all these months of corona lockdown??? Well, we have been very busy teaching ourselves how
to set up and use a YOU TUBE channel for our HDC virtual meetings! We certainly hope that you will all enjoy the fruits of our labors, especially considering most of us had never posted YOU
Our plan is to send you links to our YOU TUBE programs so that we can all engage and enjoy some decorating related themes over the next several months. This month, we will begin our
virtual meetings with an introductory welcome from our president, Dianne Carter. Then we will feature a presentation from Rosalyn Housley, owner of Rustic Rose. Rosalyn will be showing us how
to create fabulous displays on our cabinet tops. All you will need to do is click on the links and the video presentations will magically appear for you to enjoy! If you would like to
view the presentations again, please save this email with the YOU TUBE links.
In the coming weeks and months, we plan to hold virtual member home tours!! We are asking all of you, our creative and imaginative members? to email us any ideas that you may have for future
*** We are looking for volunteers who may know something about using Windows Movie Maker or Apple Imovie. If that is YOU, please
email us and let us know!!!
***Our HDC will again be partnering with Habitat for Humanity on another fabulous home which will be finished in May! More details to follow as we get them from Habitat?
As you all know- we fund our Habitat project with our HDC dues! This year, as in the past, November will be Dues Month! You will
receive the exact instructions for renewing your HDC membership for 2021 in October. You will have the entire month of November to renew!!
A few notes for you:
1) We will not be planning any club sponsored bus trips until it is safe to do so.?
2) We will be collecting $20 dues for 2021 membership during the entire month of November.?
3) We are not creating a membership wait list at this time due to Covid 19?
4) We are looking for a volunteer or two who could help our webmaster, Cheryl Lynn, in maintaining our HDC WebSite. Please email us if this is YOU!!!?
5) FYI- Coleman Crossings is holding a "Porch Sale" this Saturday, September 12th!?
6) The Peddler's Wagon Christmas open house will be held the entire month of October!?
7) Our annual Designer Showcase Sale is again scheduled for Saturday, March 27th at Laurel Manor???
8) We will let you know ASAP if the Villages opens Laurel Manor for large group meetings, Until then- your HDC is going virtual with helpful ideas from all of
Wishing you all a healthy and colorful fall?. Keep smiling and keep sharing your creativity, imaginations and ideas with us! We are here to work with all of you, our super
members!!! Let's keep the enthusiasm going (as we know only YOU can do!)
Your Home Deco Team:
Dianne Carter - President
Shirley Bertram- Treasurer
Pat McDonnell- Membership/Communications
Diane Gilson- Special Events Coordinator
Mary Cannon- Tech and Art Support